A trip to the newly opened Tamur river in Eastern Nepal. During the trip, it will provide a fantastic mountain flight over one-third of Nepal’s width. It is a short trek across a 10,000ft Himalayan pass, and an exhilarating river expedition. Local people are a fascinating assembly of tribes and castes.
Likewise, by rafting in the Tamur River, you’ll see the sacred lake at Gupha Pokhari. Thereafter, you will greet by stunning views of the Kanchenjunga massif, Makalu, and mighty Everest. Towering waves leap skyward, with seemingly endless rapids surging through steep canyon walls on the final few days of this ultimate river journey. This trip can be combined with Makalu and Kanchenjunga trekking.
In short, the wonderful inhabited environments of this river make for an unforgettable trip. Probably the best combination trip in Nepal: magnificent white water, a beautiful unspoiled valley, combined with one of the most scenic treks in Nepal. This expedition is perfect for people wanting an adrenaline-fueled adventure.
- Put in point: Dobhan (altitude 630 m.)
- Take out point: Chatra (altitude 115 m.)
- Length: 120 km.
- Kathmandu – Basantapur: 596 km.
- Kathmandu – Chatara: 555 km.
- Difficulty: Class 4 (5-)
- River days: 5
- The total duration of the rafting: 11 days
- Volume in November: 150 M3/sec
- Best season: Begin October till the end of December and from February till May