Makalu is the 5th Highest mountain in the world and this is nearby the top of the world (Mt. Everest). This region is blessed with an incredible diversity of natural beauty and culture. Due to its isolation and lack of tea houses this area still receives few trekkers. Gurung, Rai & Sherpa are the main habitats in this area. Walking north of the Arun River to Sedua and then crossing Barun La (4110m.) into the upper Barun Khola valley for a close look at Makalu. This trek is not difficult until till Makalu base Camp and same way return to Tumlingtar.
Sherpani col, west col is highest trekking rote 6100m. You need to experience sirdar and sherpa for this trekking because the west col and Amphulapcha 5800m. is a very challenging pass. But you will have a fantastic view of Mountain, Glacier Lake, and Hungu valley. Then you trek continues Khumbu region and you will pass throw sherpa village and Lukla. Also, you can do Hungu valley, via Mera-la and Mera peak to Lukla. For this trip, you need a fully camping trek, Sardar, Sherpa, cook, and porter. Also, you need fully climbing gear. Like, plastic shoes, crampons, Ice-Ax, Rope, Ice-scru, snow-Va.
- Duration: 23 days
- Best season: Apr-May & Sep – Nov
- Trekking grade: D+(Challenging)
- Altitude:5000 m.
- Trek Starting Point: Tumlingtar
- Ending Point: Tumlingtar
- Culture: Different Community with the majority of Rai, Limbus Chetry
- Mode of Trekking: Fully organized camping trek
- Himalayan Sights: Makalu, Everest Himalayan ranges
- Highlight: Makalu(8,481m), the fifth highest mountain of the world lying in Nepal, considered as one of the non-tourist areas is famous for its unique flora and fauna not for Nepal but also for the world
Note: B=Breakfast, L= Lunch, D=Dinner