Kanchenjunga Base Camp; Makalu, Kanchenjunga, Arun valley, and an eastern approach to Everest lies in Eastern Nepal. And there is endless variety in this part of the country and camping is mandatory. So, most ethnic groups are represented and there are many friendly villages. Kanchenjunga is located far east of Nepal.
The trek to the base camp of the world’s third-highest peak, Kanchenjunga (8,586m.) offers an infinite variety of landscapes, cultures, and as well as panoramic views of the Himalayas. During the trip, you are walking on the low lands of Nepal passing terraced fields, with colorful villages, and green forests. Firstly, the trek enters into a ridgeline of rhododendron. As the trail gains altitude, gorgeous views of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu & Kanchenjunga can be seen. And these mountains are one of the world’s five highest mountains that make the trek rewarding. Then, the trial starts with approaching the Yalung glacier & crossing a series of passes, and the views become more magnificent. Then after the trail reaches Pangpema (4800m) which is the base camp for the Kanchenjunga expedition. Nowadays we can start our trip with a flight to Bhadrapur and drive to Taplejung.
- Duration: 29 days.
- Best season: Apr-May & Sep – Nov.
- Trekking grade: D+ (Challenging).
- Trek Starting Point: Biratnagar.
- Ending Point: Biratnagar.
- Culture: Different Community with the majority of Rai, Limbus Chetry.
- Mode of Trekking: Fully organized camping trek.
- Himalayan Sights: Makalu, Everest, Kanchenjunga, Janakchuli, Dhorma Peak, Pathibhara Himal, Kiran Chuli, Nepal Peak, Kumbhakarna, Chang Himal, Tapleshikhar, Givigela Chuli, Dzanye Peak, Lashar Himal & More attractive snowcapped peaks, etc.
Note: B=Breakfast, L= Lunch, D=Dinner