Eco Trekking or Eco-tourism is often defined as a form of tourism with a purpose. Whilst in general terms it means environmentally friendly’ tourism, there is not a universal definition for eco-tourism, and the specific definition as to what this actually means in practice can vary greatly from one country to another. Although it lacks one clear definition, the International Eco-tourism has classified it.
Responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and sustains the well was being of local people. In addition, the World Conservation visitation to relatively undisturbed natural areas has low negative visitor impact and provides for beneficially active socio-economic involvement of local populations.
Which means that those who implement and participate in Eco-tourism follows the following principle…
• Minimize negative environmental impacts
• Build environmental and culture awareness and respect
• Provide positive experience for both visitors and hosts
• Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people
• Provide direct financial benefits for conservation
• Support international human rights and labor agreements
• Raise sensitivity to host countries’ political, environmental and social climate
Sustainable Tourism Eco – Tourism
Eco-tourism is often confused with sustainable tourism. Whilst eco-tourism is a form of tourism (in addition to sport, health, culture and adventure tourism), the concept of sustainable development should be applied to all these forms of tourism. If the principles of sustainability are applied, then the type of tourism can be called sustainable tourism -therefore it can apply to all tourism activities.
Our Company (Himalayan Leaders) Search the completely new destination for explores the real Nepal to cover the real eco tourism of Nepal.